Lazy Pin Pin

 

Things you may wanna know about...


me...


  • Pin Pin (彬彬) is my pet name / nick name based on one of the characters in my Chinese name.

  • I'm a Malaysian Chinese female from Johor Bahru, Johor, the southern part of Malaysia.

  • I was born in 1975 but my zodiac sign is tiger instead of rabbit.

  • I'm a rather timid person who's afraid of cockroaches, spiders, roller coaster rides and bungy jumping.

  • My most distinct character : laziness.


my family...


  • I lost my dad to colon cancer when i was 15 years old.

  • I have an elder brother who went to US more than 10 years ago and may never return to Malaysia.

  • My mom is one of the dearest persons to me in the world.

  • My mom has a brother and sister who are Singaporeans and my maternal grandma stays with my Singaporean uncle.

  • The thing my mom would want the most : Have my brother back by her side


my love life...


  • I'm in a steady relationship with a guy from Bukit Mertajam, Penang, the northern part of Malaysia.

  • He is one year younger than me and we were colleagues in the previous job.

  • We were seconded to Munich, Germany for training and the relationship blossomed from then.

  • He is an IT professional in a big shipping line in Singapore and is staying in JB with my mom and me.

  • Our pet names for each other : 贝 (short for 宝贝)


my education...


  • My 11 years of primary and secondary education was from Foon Yew (宽柔), a well-known Chinese school in Malaysia.

  • I completed the last year of my high school education (known as Grade 13 or OAC) in Canada.

  • I have a Bachelor degree in Business Administration (BBA) from Canada.

  • I have a Master of Science in Information Studies (MSc) from Singapore.

  • The thing i dreaded the most about pursuing PhD : research, research and research


my career...


  • I've worked for 6 companies of different industries and in different posts in Malaysia and Singapore.

  • Being both business and IT trained, i think of myself as the Jack of all trades but master of none.

  • I'm now stuck in a job that pays decently but without any prospect.

  • The company i'm working with now is a listed company in Singapore that was involved in a corruption case.

  • The career of my dream : a successful columnist like Carrie Bradshaw in the Sex and the City


my friends...


  • I have a gang of good friends whom i've known for more than 16 years and they are like brothers and sisters to me.

  • My laziness in keeping contact with friends had caused me lost friendships.

  • I get acquainted with guys more easily but i keep longer and closer friendships with girls.

  • The most enjoyable time spent with my friends : Long chat at a mamak kopitiam


my interests...


  • I enjoy reading, watching movies/TV and Web browsing.

  • Writing and photography are also something that i've liked since high school, but the skills have become rusty since i started working.

  • I'm a Peanuts fan and have a Peanuts collection that could easily impress anyone who visits my home.

  • My favourite Peanuts character : Snoopy of course


my wishes...


  • My hypocritical wish: world peace.

  • My boring wish: earn more, provide better living for my mom, be happy with my love ones and stay healthy.

  • My not-so-boring wish : a trans-Europe backpacking trip


my love-hate relationship with Singapore...


  • My mom and i celebrate Chinese New Year in Singapore every year at my Singaporean uncle's place.

  • Singapore is just like a second home to me.

  • Singaporeans' kiasu-ness, lack of consideration for others, the denial of their Chinese root and perceived superiority over Malaysian are some of the things that get on my nerves.

  • My love-hate ratio towards Singapore : 70%-30%


my blogs...


  • I started a blog NOT because it's the in-thing now and as an IT professional, i should have one too.

  • I started a blog NOT because i wanna get famous (not that i have this ability) or get to know other bloggers to widen my social circle (i've passed the age of doing such thing).

  • I started my own blog for a simple reason: I love writing and need an avenue to express myself.

  • I used to write long emails to my friends and torture them with my rants; now i can have it in a blog and torture more people.

  • My blogs:
        Cogito Ergo Scribo
        沙子里的世界


Previous About Me (November 16, 2005)